Monday, March 2, 2009

Playing Catch-Up; Long Time No Post

No new posts here in quite a while! I figured I'd play a bit of catch up, since everyone should be buying new computers they don't really need when the economy is doing so poorly... right? I am just doing my part as an irresponsible American. So let's see. My last post was in July of 2007. I'll work my way forward from there as it is interesting to see how components and prices have changed over time.

I'll start with my favorite; ArsTechnica.com:
I am also a huge fan of the guides from TechReport.com, espeically their "Buy this complete system as Newegg" links. I buy most of my hardware from NewEgg.com, as I gather do most technology enthusiasts.
From the love-to-hate-them category (for instance, finding these guides on their website was extraordinarily difficult), here are the recent guides from TomsHardware.com.
More system builds can be found at ExtremeTech.com. Here are their recent builds:
I'd promise to keep this up to date, but we all know that is not likely to happen. In any case, enjoy, and have fun building!