Thursday, May 10, 2007

Welcome!

I've always thoroughly enjoyed keeping up-to-date with the latest and greatest PC components. A long time ago, I realized that it is not too difficult to build your own monster rig. If you are looking for more power than a low-budget system, and you consider the time investment to do the research as a hobby instead of a cost, building your own system can save you hundreds, and in some cases, thousands, of dollars. The more top-of-the-line power you are looking for, the more you will save by building your own.

Since I enjoy finding and reading guides about building systems, I'll keep track of everything I find here. Maybe I can save some of you that may be on the fence about building your own enough research time that you decide to give it a go! By the way, I take no responsibility for fried parts and mangled data that may result from you doing so. Building your own does not get you a warranty, but if you are worried about warranties, you probably shouldn't be rolling your own system in the first place!

Have fun and enjoy!

By the way, for those of you who do not know what a top-of-the-line system costs or where to buy one off the shelf, take a look at these options (when you see the prices, you'll understand why I build my own):

1. (Dell) AlienWare
2. (HP) VoodooPC
3. Falcon Northwest
4. Hypersonic PC